We absolutely love eating peanut butter and usually have it for breakfast in the form of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I bet you love it too. I have made a dessert using this wonderful ingredient before but ever since I started baking I’ve always wanted to make peanut butter cookies. However, cookies require a lot of patience and preciseness coupled with a lot of do’s and don’ts which is one of the reasons why I have steered away from making them.
This recipe however requires none of that as it is very straightforward. When I first came across the recipe I was a bit surprised since it mentioned that just 3 ingredients were needed to make these cookies and no flour was needed. I wondered how a cookie could be made without using flour. Anyways this was one of the easiest recipes that I have come across for peanut butter cookies so I had to give it a try.
I cut down the recipe by 1/3rd since I didn’t have the required amount of peanut butter. I also used lesser amount of sugar since I thought that it would be too sweet. The cookies came out pretty good and I was extremely happy that I finally got to make them. They were crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. They taste really amazing and full of peanut butter flavor.
If you are a fan of peanut butter then you will love these peanut butter cookies and should definitely try making them. You need just 3 ingredients and no need of even chilling the dough before you bake. Plus they take no more than 15 minutes to make, which means you can enjoy some freshly baked cookies whenever a craving sets in. So go ahead and make them!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings: 12 medium size cookies
Recipe adapted from biggerbolderbaking.com
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup caster/granulated sugar
- 1/2 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) for 5 minutes and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the peanut butter and sugar until smooth and then add the egg and mix again till it forms smooth dough.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough and roll into a ball.
- Place the rolled out cookies onto the baking tray about an inch apart.
- They do not spread much so make sure that you flatten them before you put them in the oven. You can make the classic criss-cross pattern by pressing them with the back of a fork horizontally and vertically.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F) until they are slightly brown around the edges. Once baked remove from the oven and allow them cool on the tray for at least 5 minutes. Then remove and let them cool on a wire rack.
Store these cookies in an air tight container and they will remain fresh for up to 3 days.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (@the_epicurious_explorers), or via email (theepicuriousexplorers@gmail.
Like it? Pin it.