Hello Everyone, Easter is just around the corner and carrot cake is one of the most popular cakes that is made during Easter. So today I’m sharing the recipe for this Eggless Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting which is simple and easy to make.
Carrot cake is a mildly spiced cake and is usually eaten with cream cheese frosting. This delicious cake has been on my ‘to bake’ list ever since I started baking. This year I decided to finally bake a carrot cake but as usual was searching for the recipe for an eggless version. Coincidentally, one of my favorite bakers who I follow on Instagram posted a recipe for an eggless carrot cake. And I was so excited that I just couldn’t wait to try out the recipe.
I made a few changes to the original recipe as I didn’t have some ingredients. Instead of whole wheat flour I used plain flour and I used only light brown sugar since I didn’t have dark brown sugar. Anyways the cake turned out really amazing. It was soft and had a tender crumb. The brown sugar gives the cake a nice caramel like flavour and the carrots add to the sweetness without making it too sweet. And the spices add a lovely flavor to the cake.
This carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is really delicious and if you have never had carrot cake before then I suggest that you try making this cake because you definitely will love it. And If you love eating carrot cake then this recipe is a must try for you. You can have it as is with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee. But I think eating this cake with cream cheese frosting is the best way to eat it.
So make this cake for your family and friends this Easter and they will love it for sure. Or you can make it any other time and enjoy it.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Eggless)
1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tablespoon = 15 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
Makes: 9 x 5 inch loaf
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup yogurt (dahi)
- ½ cup oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 and ½ cup plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for at least 10 minutes and grease a 9×5 loaf pan with oil/ butter. You can also grease only the bottom of the tin with parchment paper to ensure that the cake comes out easily.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt and keep aside.
- In another large bowl, add the sugar and yogurt and beat well with a whisk or a hand mixer until the sugar dissolves completely. You can also use a blender or a stand mixer to do so.
- Stir in the oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now add the dry ingredients to this mixture and combine well.
- Gently fold in the carrots and nuts till it forms a smooth batter.
- If you find that the batter is too thick, then add some milk, a few tablespoons at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake at 180°C for around 40 to 50 minutes or until done. (Check it at the 40 minute mark to know if baked)
- If you feel that it is browning too fast at the top then you can cover the top with either parchment paper or foil.
- To know if it is done, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, that means it is done.
- Once it has baked, allow it to cool completely before you cut or frost it.
- You can have it as it with your favorite hot beverage or have it with some cream cheese frosting.
Click here for the recipe of cream cheese frosting
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you have any queries regarding the recipe do email us on email@example.com.
And if you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @ suz_bakes), or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Like it? Pin for later