Chocolate Chip Cookies need no introduction. I’m sure you love these cookies and have eaten about a thousand of them by now. They are our favorite cookies and I have wanted to make them at home since forever. I had saved many recipes from different sites but as I mentioned here I was hesitant to try them out because of all the dos’ and don’ts coupled with some failed attempts. But I decided to finally give them a try and I was so glad that I did.
Most recipes for chocolate chip cookies had mentioned the use of eggs but I wanted to make an eggless version so that I could share them with friends who don’t consume eggs. I came across a perfect recipe and tried it out. The cookies came out really good and I was extremely happy and excited that I had finally made chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are soft and chewy in the middle but crispy around the edges and they taste really amazing with the chocolate chips. You won’t even miss the egg in them. They are so good that you will not stop at one.
The only bad thing about these cookies is the chilling time. I could not wait to bake them but chilling them before baking is mandatory. I baked the first batch after keeping the dough for 2 hours in the fridge. The second batch was baked after 2 days since I got busy with something. But I think the longer they chill the better they taste. The second batch cookies tasted much better compared to the first one.
Also, baking time depends on your preference. If you like soft cookies then bake for 12 minutes and if you like them to be a little crispy then bake them for 15 minutes.
Anyways I think you should go ahead and make these cookies for your family and friends and they will thank you. And I suggest that you make a big batch because they are so addictive and will be gone in seconds. These cookies are fun to make too with your kids.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Eggless)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 to 15 minutes
Total Time 22 to 25 minutes
Servings: 20 to 22 medium size cookies
- 2 cups regular/all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (use only 1/8 teaspoon salt if using salted butter)
- ½ cup salted butter (melted)
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine together the oil, melted butter and sugars well. Add warm water and vanilla and mix again.
- Stir in the flour mixture and mix till combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and mix till it forms a dough like consistency. The dough will be quite thick so doing this by hand is the best way.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and refrigerate the dough for minimum 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the dough when ready to bake and preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Also, line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough and roll into equal size rounds. Place them on the baking tray at least an inch apart so that they have enough space to spread and flatten them a bit.
- Bake for around 12 to 15 minutes, until they are slightly brown around the edges. (12 minutes for soft cookies and 15 minutes if you like your cookies a little crispy)
- Once baked remove them from the oven and allow them to cool on the tray for at least 10 minutes as they will be soft at first but will harden as they cool. Then remove and let them cool further on a wire rack.
- You can then enjoy them as they are with a cold glass of milk or with your favorite beverage. You can also make an ice cream sandwich by putting some ice cream in between 2 cookies.
- You can use chocolate chunks if you don’t have chocolate chips.
- Replace the butter with oil and use dairy-free chocolate if you want to make these cookies entirely vegan.
- You can chill the dough for up to 48 hours; however, allow the dough to come to room temperature before using it.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @suz_bakes), or via email (theepicuriousexplorers@gmail.
Like it? Pin it.