Today we are sharing with you the recipe for one of our favourite breakfasts which are these Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
We love eating pancakes for breakfast and adding chocolate chips to them, makes them more special. Pancakes are the best thing to make when you want to treat your family or yourself to a good breakfast on the weekend. After all, who doesn’t love waking up to something delicious for breakfast right?
I have made these banana pancakes before but I have always wanted to try making chocolate chip pancakes. One day we were craving some pancakes for breakfast but unfortunately, I didn’t have any bananas around and was out of milk too. I was wondering if I should even make pancakes because I thought that without milk it would not be possible to make pancakes as it is the main ingredient in most pancake recipes. But my cravings for pancakes was too strong so I searched for some recipes and finally found one that didn’t require milk. The recipe substituted the milk with water which I thought was a bit strange but decided to try it out anyway. Adding chocolate chips and vanilla essence was the only change that I made to the original recipe. The pancakes came out so good that I was pleasantly surprised and happy. They were light, fluffy and tasted so delicious with all the melted chocolate chips through them. I was excited and couldn’t wait to share the recipe.
These chocolate chip pancakes are great for breakfast, brunch or even as a dessert. I think you should definitely make them for your family and friends who will enjoy them.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Makes: 6 medium-sized pancakes
Measuring cup used: 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml, 1 tablespoon = 15ml
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (add more if you want)
- Butter or oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips and salt.
- In another bowl mix oil and water well and then add in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Now add this to the dry mixture and mix till well combined.
- Keep the batter aside for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Once the batter is ready for frying, grease a non-stick frying pan with oil or butter.
- Then with a ladle, spoon out the batter and pour onto the frying pan.
- When slight bubbles appear on the surface, carefully flip the pancake and fry it on the other side for around 2 minutes till it turns golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter and your pancakes are ready to be enjoyed.
- You can serve them with your favourite toppings such as maple syrup, honey, chocolate sauce, fresh fruits, etc.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you have any queries regarding the recipe do email us on email@example.com.
And if you make this, do share a picture with us on Instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @ suz_bakes), or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)