Hello Everyone, another long weekend is coming up…Yay!! and I think these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups should definitely be a part of it.
If you are living in India then I’m sure like me you are also finding this intense summer heat unbearable and the last thing that you want to do is turn on your oven and bake. Thankfully I have a perfect recipe for you to satisfy your dessert cravings and the good news is that it is a no-bake dessert.
After eating tons of ice cream to cool down I felt the need to have a dessert which was a little on the healthier side. I came across one of those quick videos on Instagram which showed how to make Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and it was so easy that I had to just try it out. After all the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is so tempting don’t you agree? And the best thing is that it has healthy ingredients like dark chocolate and peanut butter.
Wait a minute …peanut butter is healthy? Yes you read right . I found it hard to believe too at first but then i came across an article on Google which said that it has ‘healthy fats’. A dessert that is healthy and delicious..now you don’t have any excuse to not make them. They are easy to make as they need just 5 ingredients. Plus they are a super quick dessert that you can make in less than an hour.
If you are a fan of ‘Reese’s peanut butter cups’ then you will definitely love these. Anything made at home is always better than store bought and so are these. You’ll be asking yourself why you haven’t made them before.
So go ahead and make these dark chocolate peanut butter cups which I can guarantee will be a hit. Your kids will definitely enjoy both making and eating these and so will you. They are definitely tempting and you will have to stop yourself from eating a whole lot of it at once.
Makes: 6 large or 12 mini chocolate peanut butter cups
For the chocolate mixture:
- 1 cup dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the peanut butter mixture:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers and keep aside.
- Add dark chocolate and vegetable oil into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 second intervals until melted. Remember to remove and stir the mixture each time.
- Once it is melted, allow it to cool and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour around a tablespoon of the mixture into each of the cupcake liners. Keep half of the mixture aside for the top layer.
- Now put the muffin tin into the freezer for around 15 minutes.
- In another microwave safe bowl add the peanut butter, honey, and vegetable oil and microwave for around 15 seconds till the peanut butter is melted and of a pourable consistency.
- Once it cools, remove the muffin tin from the freezer and pour about a tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate mixture.
- Put it into the freezer for 5 minutes until the peanut butter mixture hardens up and then remove it and pour the remaining chocolate mixture on top.
- Freeze again for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Once ready, carefully peel off the cupcake papers and enjoy them!
In case you don’t have a microwave you can make the mixture on the stove top by using the double boiler method.
- For the chocolate mixture: Add the dark chocolate and vegetable oil into a heat-proof bowl and then place that on top of a saucepan with simmering water until all the chocolate has melted.
- Repeat the same method for making the peanut butter mixture as well and then follow above steps to finish making the peanut butter cups.
- I have used vegetable oil but you can use any flavourless oil or coconut oil. It allows the chocolate to set nice and hard so no need for tempering the chocolate.
- I have used dark cooking chocolate but you can use milk chocolate too.
- You can use maple syrup or agave instead of honey to make it vegan.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (@the_epicurious_explorers), or via email (email@example.com).
Vote for our blog:
Our website is featured on blogadda.com so please show us some love by rating our blog below or you can find the button on our side bar.
Pin it for later: