Today we are sharing the recipe for these delicious eggless double chocolate muffins. Chocolate muffins are great when you have a chocolate craving but don’t want to overindulge in a rich chocolate cake. They are a healthier version of a cupcake but still are as delicious even though they don’t have any frosting.
I have always wanted to bake chocolate chip muffins and when I came across this recipe, I knew I had to try it. The recipe was for eggless double chocolate muffins and was excited to try it out. I was super happy with the way these muffins turned out. They were moist and delicious and had an amazing chocolate flavour. This recipe uses brown sugar instead of regular granulated sugar and the eggs are replaced by thick yogurt, both of which makes these muffins extra soft. I can guarantee that you won’t get dry muffins with this recipe. Plus, you get those bits of melted chocolate chips in every bite which makes them all the more decadent.
If you are tired of eating dry muffins from cafes or bakeries then do yourself a favour and make a batch of these delicious eggless double chocolate muffins. Or you might need to make more as they are totally addictive and you won’t feel like eating just one. They are very easy to make with simple ingredients and get ready in less than an hour. Your family and friends will also enjoy having these muffins so go ahead and make them.
Double Chocolate Muffins (Eggless)
Makes: 9 regular sized muffins
Measuring cup used: 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml, 1 tablespoon = 15ml
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar (or Caster sugar)
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200 grams yogurt (If its too thick add few tablespoons of water to thin out the consistency)
- 1/3 cup Oil (vegetable or any flavorless oil)
- 3 tbsp Chocolate chips (plus some more to sprinkle on top)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°C for 10 minutes and line a muffin tin with muffin papers.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oil, yogurt and vanilla essence and combine well.
- Gently add the dry to the wet mixture and then fold in the chocolate chips and mix together till it forms a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
- Now using two tablespoons or an ice cream scoop fill each of the muffin liners with the batter about three fourth full and sprinkle some more chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 180°C for around 20 to 25 minutes or until done. (Mine were done at 25 minutes but check the muffins at the 20 minutes mark for doneness, as each oven is different)
- To know if it done, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, that means it is done. If the toothpick comes out with wet batter then bake for few more minutes till fully done.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool completely before serving.
- You can use chopped dark chocolate if you do not have chocolate chips.
- You can double this recipe as per your need.
Like it? Pin it for later