Hello Everyone, Today I am sharing the recipe for one of our most favorite Chocolate Cake.
We all need a good Chocolate Cake recipe, be it for any kind of celebration like a birthday, anniversary, etc. or even for just to satisfy our chocolate craving. I think it is the most loved cakes by all, whether young or old and you just can’t go wrong with chocolate cake.
The first time I ever attempted an eggless chocolate cake was some years back when I wanted to bake my Mom a birthday cake but there were no eggs in the pantry. I made a cake using condensed milk to replace the eggs. The cake turned out good but I found it too dense and more like a brownie. Ever since that day I had been searching for a good eggless chocolate cake recipe and then thankfully I found a perfect one.
This recipe is very easy and uses ingredients that are easily found in your pantry. You have to use buttermilk to replace the eggs in the cake. In case you don’t have buttermilk then you can use a mixture of milk plus vinegar. I know most of you will hesitate to use vinegar but trust me because it gives a really good texture and makes the cake nice and soft. If you are still skeptical then you can use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
This Chocolate Cake recipe is really foolproof and I have made it an endless number of times. You won’t even miss the eggs, as the cake comes out soft and spongy. It is chocolaty and super delicious too. I recently made his cake for our birthday and decorated it with chocolate ganache and sprinkles. And have also made chocolate cupcakes earlier using the same recipe.
I think you should definitely try out this recipe for your family and friends and they will absolutely love it.
Easy Eggless Chocolate Cake
1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tablespoon = 15 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
Makes: One 8 inch round cake or two 6 inch round cakes
- 1 and 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar/granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or any flavorless oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence / extract
- 1 cup buttermilk (or use 1 cup milk mixed with 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Grease a round cake tin with butter and line it with butter paper so that the cake can be easily removed later.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together oil, buttermilk (or soured milk) and vanilla essence and combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and gently fold them together till it forms a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
- Now pour the batter into a round cake tin and bake at 175°C for 30 to 40 minutes or until done. To know if it done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, it is done.
- Do check at the 30-minute mark to see whether your cake is baked or not, as every oven is different.
- Once done, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Then remove it from the baking tin and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before you cut or decorate it.
- You can decorate it with some chocolate ganache frosting or any icing of your choice and enjoy it.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @ suz_bakes), or via email (email@example.com).
Like it? Pin it.