If you are a fan of fudgy chocolate brownies then this post is just for you. These rich and fudgy dark chocolate brownies just melt in your mouth and are the perfect indulgence for any day. They will definitely satisfy all your chocolate cravings. Is your mouth watering yet?
Brownies have been like my nemesis and getting them right has always been tricky. I finally succeeded in getting brownies right and then I challenged myself again. The previous recipe had eggs in them but I wanted to make an eggless version because some of my friends don’t consume eggs. So I literally was on a mission of getting a good recipe for eggless brownies. I actually lost count of the number of recipes I have tried.
The toughest part was replacing the eggs because it is what gives the brownies the fudgy texture. Some tasted good but didn’t have the right texture and vice versa. I tried using yogurt once and the brownies came out sour. Anyways my quest continued until one day I came across this recipe which I must say was heaven sent. I tweaked the recipe slightly since I had lesser amount of chocolate than mentioned in the recipe. Anyway I was excited and tried out the recipe. The outcome was better than I expected and I was overjoyed to finally have the perfect eggless brownies.
The recipe calls for the use of condensed milk which replaces the eggs and gives these brownies the required fudgy texture. And the dark chocolate and the cocoa balances out the sweetness perfectly and makes them really delicious. These brownies are literally like a piece of heaven in the mouth. I recommend using good quality chocolate and cocoa powder because it is what gives the amazing taste to these brownies. They are soft and fudgy in the middle and have nice crinkly top. If you are as obsessed as brownies like me then you will know what I’m talking about. The best part is that they are really easy to make and can be ready within an hour. Plus the ingredients are very simple and can be easily found in your local store.
I don’t think you should waste any more time and go make these delicious fudgy chocolate brownies like now. Make them for your family and friends and they will love you for it. You can have them on their own or top them with some ice cream to make them even more indulgent.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies (Eggless)
- 100 gms dark cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 gms butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- ½ cup plain flour (Maida)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for at least 10 minutes. Grease and line a square tin (about 20 cm) with parchment/grease-proof/ butter paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate by using the double boiler method or in a microwave.
- Once the chocolate has melted, set it aside to cool.
- Add in the condensed milk and the vanilla essence to the cooled chocolate mixture and stir well.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, the cocoa powder and the baking powder and stir it into the above mixture. Fold it gently until forms a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and smoothen it out with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake for around 35 to 40 minutes at 180 C or until they are done. Do check at the 30 minute mark so as to avoid over baking of the brownies because each oven works differently. Since I was using a glass baking tin, I baked at 160 C for 35 minutes.
- To know if they are done, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out with slightly wet crumbs, that means it is done. They will have a nice crust on top but will be soft and fudgy in the middle.
- Leave the brownies to cool for 20 minutes, and then cut them into squares. You could sprinkle some icing sugar on top if you want.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @ suz_bakes), or via email (theepicuriousexplorers@gmail.
Like it? Pin it.