We believe in the saying ‘Christmas cookies and happy hearts, this is how the holiday starts‘ and that is why we think these Ginger Cookies are the perfect way to start the holiday season.The month of December is here and we can hardly believe how fast the year has gone by. It is best time of the year as Christmas is our favorite festival.
I tried making these cookies for the first time last year. I had come across this wonderful recipe and the cookies looked so tempting that I just had to try them out. I was hesitant at first since I am not a big fan of ginger but just this recipe calls for a mere 1 teaspoon so I didn’t mind. The cookies came out really good and I was happy. They tasted really amazing and buttery. The ginger has a very subtle flavor but gives all the warmth, which is just what you need in this cold weather.
These cookies are so easy to make and are absolutely fuss free. They comes together in almost no time as there is no need to chill the dough before baking which means you can have some warm and fresh cookies in less than 30 minutes.
So go ahead and make these ginger cookies for your family and friends this holiday season and I can guarantee you that they will love it!
¾ cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ginger powder
¼ cup caster sugar
¼ cup butter, (around 50 gms and at room temperature)
2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat your oven to190°C (375°F) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ginger powder. Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Mix in the butter with your fingertips until it starts to look like breadcrumbs.
- Add the honey and mix well till it forms a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into equal size rounds and flatten them a bit. Place them on the baking tray at least an inch apart so that they have enough space to spread.
- Bake for around 10 to 15 minutes, until they are slightly brown around the edges. (10 minutes for soft cookies and 15 minutes if you like your cookies crunchy). Rotate the tray at the half way mark to ensure that the cookies are evenly baked.
- Once baked remove them from the oven and allow them cool on the tray for at least 10 minutes as they will be soft at first but will harden as they cool. Then remove and let them cool further on a wire rack.
- You can enjoy them as they are with a glass of milk or with your favorite beverage.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you try out the recipe, do share a picture with us on instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @ suz_bakes), or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Like it? Pin it.