HAPPY WORLD NUTELLA DAY EVERYONE !! 🙂
It’s so nice to have a special day to celebrate this chocolatey goodness.
We all love it so much that we find an excuse to eat it in anything edible be it pancakes, brownies, cheesecake, bread, etc. and whether we like to admit it or not, we all are guilty of eating Nutella straight out of the jar because that is the best way to eat it right?
But I have found one more way to enjoy this wonderful ingredient, through these Nutella Swirl Cupcakes.
I came across this recipe once and was excited to try it out. However, the original recipe was actually for muffins but since I’m not really a fan of muffins, I thought of making cupcakes instead. So I adapted a recipe which I have used earlier to make some chocolate cupcakes and came up with a recipe that worked out pretty well.
These moist vanilla cupcakes swirled with Nutella are super easy to make and are a quick fix dessert. They not only look good but are also really delicious to eat, so go ahead and make them for your family and friends. I can guarantee you that they will love it!
They could also be a really pretty dessert at your kids’ birthday party. Everyone will enjoy eating these adorable cupcakes.
Or make them just for yourself so that you can have something nice after a long day, since they can make any day feel like a Friday. 🙂
Recipe for Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
Makes: 9 cupcakes
110g plain flour (maida), sifted
110g caster sugar
100g salted butter, softened at room temperature (if you are using unsalted butter then add a pinch of salt to the batter)
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
½ cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes and line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Now add in the eggs one at a time as well as the vanilla essence, milk and oil and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour and baking powder. Add this to the wet mixture and stir until it forms a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
- Now using two tablespoons or an ice cream scoop fill each of the cupcake liners with 1/3 of the batter and add 1 teaspoon of Nutella on top of each and create swirls using a toothpick or a skewer. Now scoop some more batter on top of this and again repeat the step with the Nutella.
- Bake at 170°C for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. To know if it done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cupcake and if it comes out clean, it means that it is done. You can also just touch the top of the cupcake and if it springs back then that means it’s done.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- You can enjoy as it is or add some more Nutella and have it, after all there’s no such thing as too much Nutella. 😉