For all of us who love this yummy chocolaty spread, this is one of the best days of the year. But it is even more special for us since we celebrate our blog anniversary as well on this day. We will complete one year of our blog on the 5th of February. Since it is such a great day I wanted to celebrate by making some special dessert with Nutella. There were so many options like cheesecakes, brownies etc., but then I came across this recipe and instantly fell in love with it. The recipe was for Nutella Swirled Banana Bread that not only looked amazing but sounded so delicious that I just had to try it out. Plus it is from one of my favorite blogs as well. I’m so glad that I made it because it is so good.
I had made chocolate banana bread last year and it was amazing. But the combination of Nutella along with bananas is on another level altogether. If you’re not a big fan of bananas then this banana bread might just convert you into one. The bananas make the bread nice and soft and because they are overripe they add to the sweetness which means you don’t need to add much sugar. And the swirls of Nutella give it an amazing flavor. Plus this bread is eggless so everyone can enjoy it.
These days I prefer making eggless desserts since many of my friends don’t consume eggs. I also feel that the eggless desserts made by me come out better than those with eggs, but that is just my opinion. This cake is so delicious and spongy you won’t even miss the eggs in them. The buttermilk makes it nice and moist too.
Moist banana bread with Nutella swirled throughout it, what more can one ask for? It is so delicious that you will have to keep yourself from finishing it off all at once. This banana bread is perfect to have on its own with a cup of your favourite beverage or you can also have it as a dessert with some vanilla ice cream. The best part about it is that it an easy to make recipe which looks really fancy and will sit pretty on your dessert table. I think you should definitely make this Nutella Swirled Banana Bread for your family and friends and I can guarantee you that it will be a hit.
Nutella Swirled Banana Bread (Eggless)
Makes: A 9×5 inch loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 overripe bananas*
- ½ cup caster sugar**
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or mix 3/4 cup milk with 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lime juice and keep aside for 5 minutes to get soured milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/ essence
- ½ cup Nutella, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 175°C for at least 10 minutes and grease a 9×5 loaf pan with oil/ butter. You can also grease only the bottom of the tin with parchment paper to ensure that the bread/cake comes out easily.
- Peel and mash the banana till soft.
- Now add oil and sugar and mix well. Stir in the buttermilk (or soured milk) and vanilla extract/essence and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Now add this to the wet mixture and gently mix till it forms a batter. The batter will be a little thick and will have few lumps but will be spreadable.
- Put half of the batter into the greased loaf tin and spread it evenly. Then add some of the Nutella on top and using a toothpick or a skewer create swirls into the batter. Spread the remaining batter on top of this and again repeat the step with the Nutella.
- Bake at 175°C for around 50 mins to 1 hour or until done. (Mine was baked at 50 mins)
- If you feel that it is browning too fast at the top then you can cover the top loosely with either parchment paper or foil.
- To know if it done, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, that means it is done.
- Once done, allow it to cool completely before you cut it. Enjoy as it is with a cup of your favourite beverage or you can also have it with either some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- *Overripe bananas are the best to use for this recipe because it will produce sweeter and moister banana bread.
- **If you are using 4 overripe bananas then reduce the amount sugar or you might find it too sweet. You can use 1/3 cup of sugar instead of ½ cup.
Storing Instructions/Shelf life:
- Store this Nutella Banana Bread in an airtight container or wrap it up with either foil or plastic wrap so that it remains nice and moist, or else it will become dry.
- It will remain good for about two days at room temperature and will remain good for about a week if refrigerated.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @ suz_bakes), or via email (theepicuriousexplorers@gmail.
Pin it for later: