Today I am sharing with you the recipe for our favourite oreo brownies. We love eating brownies and adding oreos to them make them even more delicious as we discovered recently. ‘National Brownie Day’ is celebrated on December 8th every year and last year I had made these fudgy chocolate brownies to celebrate this day since I am a big fan of brownies. Oreo brownies have been on my ‘to make’ list since forever, so that’s why I finally decided to make them.
I had attempted to make oreo brownies around a year back after coming across the recipe somewhere. It was a bit of a disaster because the brownies didn’t cook in the middle and they were too gooey. I had put whole oreos on top of the brownies but since the brownies were too fudgy they didn’t get baked in the middle. It was more like a chocolate pudding than a brownie and although it tasted good, I was disappointed as I wanted a brownie and not a pudding.
Thankfully I have found a fool proof recipe to get fudgy brownies and this time I used that as a base for these brownies. I also broke the oreos into smaller pieces and put it on top of the brownies before baking. The brownies came out perfect and I was extremely happy. These brownies are fudgy and chocolaty and the oreos add the extra flavour and crunch to it. If you love oreos and chocolate then this brownie is just for you. So go ahead and make these brownies for your family and friends. They will enjoy it!
Fudgy Oreo Brownies (Eggless)
Makes: An 8 x 8 inch brownie
Measuring cup used: 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml, 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
- 100 gms dark cooking chocolate, roughly cut into chunks
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 100 gms butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup plain flour (Maida)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A packet of Oreo cookies (broken into pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for at least 10 minutes. Grease and line a square tin (about 20 cm) with parchment/grease-proof/ butter paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate by using the double boiler method or in a microwave.
- Once the chocolate has melted, set it aside to cool.
- Add in the condensed milk and the vanilla essence to the cooled chocolate mixture and stir well.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, the cocoa powder and the baking powder and stir it into the above mixture. Fold it gently until forms a smooth batter.
- Add a few oreo cookie pieces into the batter and gently fold it. Keep a few oreo pieces for later.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and smoothen it out with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Top it with the remaining oreo cookie pieces.
- Bake for around 35 to 40 minutes at 180 C or until they are done. Do check at the 30 minute mark so as to avoid over baking of the brownies because each oven works differently. Since I was using a glass baking tin, I baked at 160 C for 30 minutes.
- To know if it is done, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out with slightly wet crumbs, that means it is done. The brownie will have a nice crust on top but will be soft and fudgy in the middle.
- Leave the brownie to cool for 20 minutes, and then cut it into squares before serving.
- You can have them as they are or serve with some chocolate sauce or ice cream.
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you have any queries regarding the recipe do email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @ suz_bakes), or via email (email@example.com)
Pin it for later!