Hello Everyone, chocolate cupcakes are one of our favorite desserts to have. So today I am sharing the recipe for these chocolate cupcakes that are not only delicious but are also very easy to make. Oh and they are eggless too. They are the Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes indeed!
I remember that once I wanted to bake chocolate cupcakes but since there were no eggs I made eggless cupcakes. I adapted a recipe and replaced the eggs with yogurt. The cupcakes turned out fine and looked nice but according to me it didn’t taste that good or have the right texture. So this year I wanted to make chocolate cupcakes that tasted as good as it looked.
I have searched for eggless recipes and tried out many before but they didn’t turn out very good. Finally I came across a recipe which stated that it was a ‘No Fail’ recipe. So I tried it out and I was simply amazed by the way the cupcakes turned out. They were so chocolaty, moist and had a soft crumb that it was hard to believe they were eggless. I had been searching for a perfect eggless chocolate cupcake recipe for a long time and I’m so glad that I have finally found one. I’m so happy that I just had to share it with you. It is now my ‘go to’ recipe and I doubt I’ll be using eggs in future for making chocolate cupcake since I’ll be using this recipe from now on.
I think you should definitely make these chocolate cupcakes as they are ideal for whenever you have a craving for cake but don’t have time to make one. The best part is that they are quick and easy to make.
You can also make these for any occasion like birthdays, bridal showers, anniversaries etc. They not only look good but are also really delicious to eat, so go ahead and make them for your family and friends. I can guarantee you that they will love it!
I have made cupcakes but you use the same recipe for making a cake. You just need to double the recipe to make either an 8” cake or two 6” cakes.
Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes (Eggless)
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 15-18 minutes Total Time 25 – 28 minutes
Servings 6 large cupcakes or 12 mini cupcakes
Recipe adapted from carveyourcraving.com
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar/granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence / extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or use 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes and line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oil, buttermilk (or soured milk) and vanilla essence and combine well.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet mixture and fold together till it forms a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
- Now using two tablespoons or an ice cream scoop fill each of the cupcake liners with the batter and bake at 180°C for around 15 to 18 minutes or until done.
- To know if it done, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, that means it is done. You can also just touch the top of the cupcake and if it springs back then that means it’s done.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Pipe some chocolate ganache or buttercream onto it and decorate with colourful sprinkles. Enjoy!!
Thank you for going through our recipe. In case you make this, do share a picture with us on instagram (either @the_epicurious_explorers or @ suz_bakes), or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Like it? Pin it.